In light of all the current restrictions, Murchison is offering some online solutions!
(If you require live classroom training, we are offering weekly well control courses at Vernon College in Wichita Falls, TX.)
The safety of our employees and clients is something we care deeply about, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic. Murchison has been closely monitoring the COVID-19 spread and we've undertaken the important decision to opt out of our traditional face-to-face classroom training and introduce Virtual Instructor-Led Training (VILT).
We have been liaising with both IADC and IWCF to ensure we receive the latest guidance in regards to VILT initiatives. Both IADC and IWCF have agreed to extend the expiration dates for current well control certificates until usual training can resume. If you are concerned about your well control certificate expiring, please read up on these COVID-19 certificate extension policies: IADC WellSharp, IWCF.
IWCF is currently working on a guidance document relating to Online Training Implementation and we look forward to receiving additional information shortly.
The IADC advisory committee has approved a fully online well control certification platform, which is available for both drilling and workover/intervention training.
We are excited to be offering our own Virtual Instructor-Led Training for IADC WellSharp! Here is our current schedule:
June 1-5, June 8-12, June 15-19
Drilling Well Control
Supervisor level, Surface or Combined Surface/Subsea
Workover Intervention Supplement available
Workover Intervention Well Control for Oil & Gas Operators
For further information or to enroll in any of these classes, contact our admin team in Houston: (281) 494-0371 or email@example.com. You can also sign up here on our website: Drilling Well Control; Intervention Well Control
- Only students that meet the following conditions are eligible.
Students will need to submit a copy of their previous/current WellSharp certificate in order to demonstrate their eligibility.
- Only those who have previously taken and passed a WellSharp course
- Only those holding certificates that expire on or before July 31, 2020
- Trainees must enroll no later than five business days prior to the first day of class.
- Trainees must attend classes using a desktop, laptop or tablet. Smart phones are not an option.
- The trainee's device must have a camera and microphone. The instructor must be able to see and interact with each trainee in real time.
- The trainee will be required to present government-issued identification periodically throughout the course.
- There is an additional $200 surcharge included in the course price to cover IADC's fees for using the online platform, online simulator and proctor.
- Your enrollment confirmation letter will include a link to download the course materials. Please make sure to download before the first day of class.
- We strongly recommend a wired connection instead of WiFi, if you are able to do that. Wired is faster and more reliable than wireless.
Murchison in association with Well Academy is also currently developing a series of webinars and short courses, which we will update periodically on both our website and LinkedIn pages. The training topics will be informative, relevant and of real value to draw on during various stages of operations to enhance and maintain crew competency during COVID-19. In addition to these topics we can assist with virtual instructor-led Bespoke training courses specifically designed for your operation.
For more information on upcoming Murchison webinars, please email Bill: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about Well Academy's webinars, please contact us at email@example.com.
Workover & Intervention Well Control!
Murchison is now approved to teach this new IADC WellSharp well servicing course: "Oil & Gas Operator Representative Workover & Intervention Well Control."
We are charging $1500 for this five-day course.