New Manager of Houston Training Center
Well Academy Murchison is pleased to announce that Dicky Quick has been hired as the new Manager of our Houston Training Center. Dicky has taken over for John Breidenthal, who is retiring. Dicky has over forty years experience in drilling operations. Prior to joining WAM in January 2017 as an instructor, Dicky spent nineteen years with Shell, working as a Drilling Superintendent and later as the manager of Shell's Robert Training Center. Dicky is certified as an IWCF and an IADC instructor and will be teaching drilling well control, workover intervention well control, and drilling operations.
John Breidenthal has done an outstanding job for Well Academy Murchison as the Manager of the Houston Training Center. In addition to providing excellent instruction in our classes, John made significant contributions to our course materials for both the drilling well control class and the workover intervention well control class. John will continue to work for WAM on a part-time basis.
In light of all the current restrictions, Murchison is offering some online solutions!
(If you require live classroom training, we are now conducting in-person classes at all of our training centers.)
The safety of our employees and clients is something we care deeply about, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic. Murchison has been closely monitoring the COVID-19 spread and we've introduced Virtual Instructor-Led Training (VILT) and implemented health and safety precautions for our onsite classes.
We have been liaising with both IADC and IWCF to ensure we receive the latest guidance in regards to VILT initiatives. Both IADC and IWCF have agreed to extend the expiration dates for current well control certificates until usual training can resume. If you are concerned about your well control certificate expiring, please read up on these COVID-19 certificate extension policies: IADC WellSharp, IWCF.
The IADC advisory committee has approved a fully online well control certification platform, which is available for both drilling and workover/intervention training.
We are excited to be offering our own Virtual Instructor-Led Training for IADC WellSharp! Here is our current schedule:
IADC Drilling Well Control - Click here to see our current schedule
Supervisor level, Surface or Combined Surface/Subsea
Workover and Completion Supplement available
- IADC Workover & Intervention Well Control - Click here to see our current schedule
For further information or to enroll in any of these classes, contact our admin team in Houston: (281) 494-0371 or email@example.com. You can also sign up here on our website: Drilling Well Control; Intervention Well Control
- Only students that meet the following conditions are eligible.
Students will need to submit a copy of their previous/current WellSharp certificate in order to demonstrate their eligibility.
- Only those who have previously taken and passed a WellSharp course
- Trainees must enroll no later than five business days prior to the first day of class.
- Trainees must attend classes using a desktop, laptop or tablet. Smart phones are not an option.
- The trainee's device must have a camera and microphone. The instructor must be able to see and interact with each trainee in real time.
- The trainee will be required to present government-issued identification periodically throughout the course.
- There is an additional $200 surcharge included in the course price to cover IADC's fees for using the online platform, online simulator and proctor.
- Your enrollment confirmation letter will include a link to download the course materials. Please make sure to download before the first day of class.
- We strongly recommend a wired connection instead of WiFi, if you are able to do that. Wired is faster and more reliable than wireless.
The IWCF has approved online well control courses and Murchison has been approved to conduct these.
The WAM class will consist of three days of live online delivery. In-person assessments can be done the same week as the virtual class or set up for a later date within the 90-day window. We are carefully cleaning everything, requiring masks and social distancing, etc. Here is our current schedule:
IWCF Drilling Well Control - Click here to see our current schedule
(Level 4, Surface or Combined Surface/Subsea)
- IWCF Well Intervention Pressure Control - Click here to see our current schedule