- Only students that meet the following conditions are eligible.
Students will need to submit a copy of their previous/current WellSharp certificate in order to demonstrate their eligibility.
- Only those who have previously taken and passed a WellSharp course
- Only those holding certificates that expire on or before July 31, 2020
- Trainees must enroll no later than five business days prior to the first day of class.
- Trainees must attend classes using a desktop, laptop or tablet. Smart phones are not an option.
- The trainee's device must have a camera and microphone. The instructor must be able to see and interact with each trainee in real time.
- The trainee will be required to present government-issued identification periodically throughout the course.
- There is an additional $200 surcharge included in the course price to cover IADC's fees for using the online platform, online simulator and proctor.
- Your enrollment confirmation letter will include a link to download the course materials. Please make sure to download before the first day of class.
- We strongly recommend a wired connection instead of WiFi, if you are able to do that. Wired is faster and more reliable than wireless.
The objective of this course is to teach well control competency to toolpushers, OIMs, wellsite supervisors, superintendents, and engineers. A secondary objective is to prepare participants for either the IWCF or IADC well control certification exams. Level 4 certification can be taken for Surface or Combined Surface and Subsea. BOP equipment, drilling fluids, barrier management, kick detection, shut-in procedures, kill sheets, various methods of well control, and organizing a well control operation are all taught in this course. A thorough understanding of how well control problems develop, how they should be solved, and how to prevent them are discussed. There is an extensive amount of simulator work in the course with an assortment of simulated problems.
IADC WellSharp Workover & Completion supplement can be added to the course for $300.