- Trainees must enroll no later than five business days prior to the first day of class.
- Trainees must attend classes using a desktop, laptop or tablet. Smart phones are not an option.
- The trainee's device must have a camera and microphone. The instructor must be able to see and interact with each trainee in real time.
- The trainee will be required to present government-issued identification periodically throughout the course.
- Your enrollment confirmation letter will include a link to download the course materials. Please make sure to download and print the recommended files before the first day of class.
- We strongly recommend a wired connection instead of WiFi, if you are able to do that. Wired is faster and more reliable than wireless.
Simulator familiarization will be done virtually via a pre-recorded video that will be shared with the candidates. The instructor/assessor will discuss the video in detail with the candidates. Further familiarization (such as choke handling) will be done when the candidate comes to the center within the 90-day period.
The objective of this course is to teach well control competency to toolpushers, OIMs, wellsite supervisors, superintendents, and engineers. A secondary objective is to prepare participants for either the IWCF or IADC well control certification exams. Level 4 certification can be taken for Surface or Combined Surface and Subsea. BOP equipment, drilling fluids, barrier management, kick detection, shut-in procedures, kill sheets, various methods of well control, and organizing a well control operation are all taught in this course. A thorough understanding of how well control problems develop, how they should be solved, and how to prevent them are discussed.